We are excited to have your student be a part of our dual enrollment program. We understand
this is new for many parents and you may have a lot of questions.
Here are a few tips for you as you prepare your student for dual enrollment.
- Once your student has become a DE student, we will communicate primarily with your student. Please see our Owl Advising Reference Guide.
- Dual Enrollment students are limited to only 30 funded dual enrollment hours. Once a student has exhausted their dual enrollment funding, DE students can continue taking classes, but will changed to a Joint Enrolled student and will be responsible for tuition, fees, and books.
- Your dual enrollment student has access to our Campus Resources- tutoring, writing center, student disabilities services, and mental health counseling.
- Homeschool parents, you will act as your student’s high school counselor and will be required to complete their funding every semester. You can learn more about this at https://www.gafutures.org/hope-state-aid-programs/scholarships-grants/dual-enrollment/home-study-programs/
- Students must maintain a GPA of a 2.0 or higher to remain in Kennesaw State Dual Enrollment Program.
- Dual Enrollment students may not receive funding for the same course taken twice.
- Students become ineligible to continue to receive Dual Enrollment Funding after their second course withdrawal.